A facelift is a procedure that helps to remove lines and wrinkles, while also tightening sagging skin. With advances in medical science, this procedure is now less invasive than ever before and allows people to look much younger without looking unnatural. Continue reading Embracing the Fountain of Youth: 8 Things to Keep in Mind About Facelifts to learn some important facts regarding facelifts.
Eight Important Tips for Going Through a Facelift
Before a person goes through a facelift, they need to learn as much as they can about the process so they will be properly prepared. A facelift is a major surgical procedure, so it should not be entered into lightly. The following are eight important tips for going through a facelift procedure.
- It is imperative a person prepares for the healing process. Taking care of household chores and errands before the surgery will help to ensure a person can fully rest during the recovery process.
- The full results of a facelift will not be evident right away. In most cases, it takes around a year for the full results to be uncovered. Slowly, a person’s face will continue to transform until the final results are evident.
- Facelifts are carried out on an outpatient basis. Patients will be allowed to go home where they will recover but will need a responsible adult over the age of eighteen to stay with them for the first twenty-four hours.
- Some people choose to have an eyelift procedure carried out at the same time as their facelift so their entire face looks younger.
- It is not uncommon for people to experience bruising and swelling after their facelift procedure, but this should fade quickly.
- A person needs to make sure they carefully follow the instructions of their surgeon so the healing process will proceed as smoothly as possible.
- Ice and the prescribed pain medication will help to keep swelling and discomfort under control.
- The results of a facelift will generally last around fifteen years.
Schedule a Consultation
Those who are interested in a facelift need to first schedule a consultation appointment. With a facelift procedure, you can overcome the signs of aging and improve your self-esteem.